As many of you know, I’ve been concurrently binge-ing two masterpieces, Anna Karenina and The Wire. Much to my surprise, the two are nearly identical. To wit:
1. Vronsky is banging the mother of Karenin’s child.
2. Stringer Bell is banging the mother of D’Angelo’s child.
3. Levin wants to change the economic model of the farm to get better production out of his workers.
4. Stringer Bell is studying economics to get better production out of the drug empire.
5. Anna Karenina had to be translated into English for me to understand it.
6. The Wire had to be viewed with Closed Captions for me to understand it.
And what’s more, Russians have come to the Wire! Any minute, Prop Joe could show up in St. Petersburg!