I was jogging the other day through a park near our home, and I saw a group of kids playing with a beach ball – trying to keep it off the ground.
It got me thinking of concerts I attended in college, when I worked the ticket booth at an amphitheater.
Every show, someone felt it was their civic duty to bring a beach ball to the event and start knocking it around audience.
That got me thinking about some inappropriate places where beach balls might be less appreciated. Here’s a list:
10. An IRS audit
9. A colonoscopy exam
8. A prison riot
7. Arbitration for a divorce (this one is iffy since a celebration might be in order in some cases.)
6. A root canal
5. Virtually any meeting between Vice President, Joe Biden and President Obama after Biden speaks publicly on a dicey topic, forcing the VP to hop away with his chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.
4. A typical CIA information gathering session replete with waterboards and fire hoses.
3. Any meeting of the Republican National Committee as they try to identify a viable candidate for this year’s presidential election.
2. The quarterly review of your 401(K) statement.
1. The birth of a child (I’ll have to ask my wife about this one since we’re expecting our third…)
Question: Any other plays where a beach ball might be inappropriate?