Becoming a meteorologist requires special schooling, which is understandable when you recognize the huge burden they must bear. A meteorologist is like ten of the most memorable people in your life all rolled into one. The meteorologist is…
1. Your Mother: Telling you what to wear before you’ve had your orange juice.
2. Your Father: Offering unsolicited driving advice and accident descriptions.
3. Your Accountant: ‘cause it’s all about the numbers.
4. Your Grandmother: Making you fear the chill.
5. Your Old Science Teacher: Forcing you to know “why” when you don’t care.
6. Your Old Geography Teacher: Showing you maps of places you’ll never go to.
7. Your Doctors: Cheerful as they give you bad news.
8. Your Mechanic: Scaring you with worst case scenarios.
9. A Bad Boyfriend: Taking non-committal and running with it (“wintery mix”?)
10. Your Teenager: It’s never their fault, in fact it might be your fault.
Hats off to those meteorologists. Or is it hats on? Tune in and they’ll tell you!