HumorOutcasts.com has launched HumorOutcasts Press with it first book Try and Avoid the Speed Bumps by Donna Cavanagh. Our goal with HumorOutcasts Press is to help authors get their books to print and kindle without the need for a traditional publisher or the upfront costs of a vanity press which still can run into hundreds or thousands of dollars.
When we started HumorOutcasts Press, we thought that we would concentrate our efforts on humor writers; however, as more authors approached us, we realized we needed to open our doors to all genres. So, we have added Shorehouse Books to our publishing family to accommodate authors of all genres. No matter what your genre, we have you covered…so to speak!
Authors can submit their EDITED (EDITING IS THE AUTHOR’S RESPONSIBILITY) manuscripts to HumorOutcasts Press. If authors want the book edited by us, there will be an upfront cost for that. We DO NOT edit as we are not a traditional publishing company. We will format it, design a cover if need be, get ISBN numbers issued, pay for expanded distribution and publish it in both print and kindle versions. We will do your book your way. We do not want to interfere with your writing inspiration; we just want to help you realize your goals. We expect no upfront payment from authors. To cover our costs we will:
1. Use an 80 percent – 20 percent royalty split for the first 500 books sold with 80 percent going to HumorOutcasts Press and 20 percent to the author plus HumorOutcasts gets a percentage of media rights when books become films, TV shows, etc. (we think positive)
2. At book 501, the royalty split will reverse and the author will receive 80 percent and HumorOutcasts press 20 percent.
3. Upon author request, HumorOutcasts Press will do a press release for each author who can distribute it to media outlets. We will also post it on HO site as well as interview each author on HumorOutcasts radio. We will also promote each book through social media as well.
4. We are planning on growing the publishing arm of HumorOutcasts slowly, so we cannot take on all authors who submit work. Authors who are interested in submitting manuscripts should contact Betsy@HumorOutcasts.com or Donna@HumorOutcasts.com
From our authors:
HumorOutcasts Press took my idea and made it happen. From the cover design to promotion, they helped me every step of the way and I couldn’t ask for more encouragement. It really makes a difference when a publisher believes in your work!
Suzy Soro – Celebrity sTalker
What as HumorOutcasts Press done for me? It’s pretty simple, they took my creativity and focused it. Their press took my words and made a book out of it. Their site allowed me to find a voice and backers who told me to put up or shut up and then gave me the means to do so. In the past six months, I’ve become a published author and I’m no longer just a dialogue whore who writes for other people’s films. I’m now a filmmaker. And I owe most of that success to Donna and Ed of HumorOutcasts.
Jason Elia – Elliston
HumorOutcasts took a risk on me, and for that I am forever grateful. They helped turn my racy diary and journal entries into a published book for others to enjoy. Not everyone would take a risk on such a provocative project, but Donna and Ed had no hesitation. I am proud to say that I am the first erotica writer to join the HumorOutcasts family and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Lexa James – Sexcapades & Champagne
Love, Montana by Deb Martin Webster is now available on Amazon and Kindle.
Now available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle: You’ll love this short tail-wagging tale from two pooches who’ve been around the block with and without a leash. Frankie and LuLu tell it like it is when it comes to reining in an owner and getting the upper paw. You’ll smile, you’ll cringe and you just might bark out loud as these two intuitive mutts demonstrate that you don’t need a pedigree to be top dog.
On Friday, April 12, 2013, Shorehouse Books launches THE EVIL THAT MEN DO by Deborah Fezelle and Sherry Yanow.
His brother was murdered, his ghost wants answers, and Nick McDeare ends up living in the beautiful widow’s brownstone to get them. Before he nails the killer will Nick’s own demons be exorcised … or will explosive secrets torpedo his last chance at love?
After Broadway star Jessica Brady’s husband is murdered she retreats from the world, until wicked Nick McDeare comes calling–her husband’s long-lost brother. A celebrated writer and crack investigative reporter, Nick uncovers a labyrinth plot that turns Jessie’s world–and Nick’s–upside down. A quirky cast of characters includes wise guys, Andrew’s gorgeous and devious best friend, a dogged NYPD detective, the irresistible Italian heir to a shipping-line fortune, a washed-up actor, and frightened witnesses galore.
“This is a beautifully plotted classic whodunit wrapped in a ghost story set amidst the bright lights of Broadway.”–Tom Alan Robbins, Broadway star and playwright
|The Mourning DJ||The Debut novel by British DJ, entertainer, comic and now author Neal Mayhem will arrive shortly. We are very excited about adding this book to our growing list of titles.|
Elliston by Jason Elia
This book is already causing such a buzz
Elliston is an absurd novella based in the myth of song and the horror of reality. The fictional but all too true story about the formation and implosion of an audacious and critically acclaimed band. This is the cocaine riddled tale of one of the first bands of the pseudo famous Nashville indie rock scene, detailed in sex, drugs and lies re-branding the city of country through the bloodshot eyes of its elitist rockers.
Currently Available, The re-release is on. Currently Available on Amazon Take a peek!!!!!
a Review of Elliston: All I can say is WOW! That’s what you’ll say after finishing the last
page of this book. From start to finish, your undivided attention is
kept set on each and every word on each and every single page. Hard to
believe? Well you’ll never believe until you try! So I highly suggest
you purchase this book and escape into the rock star life style
Now Launched – Reality of a Dream by Maela Torre
The English Version Maela Torre’s book Reality of a Dream will be available shortly. What began as a penpal relationship between two small children blossoms into love as both come to terms with tragedy in their lives. The journey takes Emma from Italy to the Scottish Moors where she discovers what true love is all about. If you love Nicholas Sparks and touching stories of true love, you will love this book!
La realta di un sogno by Maela Torre
This is the Italian version of Maela Torre’s book Reality of a Dream which will have an English version shortly. What began as a penpal relationship between two small children blossoms into love as both come to terms with tragedy in their lives. The journey takes Emma from Italy to the Scottish Moors where she discovers what true love is all about.
Celebrity sTalker by Suzy Soro book has arrived in print and in kindle!
Celebrity sTalker details comedian Suzy Soro’s obsessive need to talk to celebrities, especially the ones who don’t want to be bothered. It takes you inside ladies’ rooms, restaurants, and even their homes.
Try and Avoid the Speed Bumps by Donna Cavanagh
“Donna Cavanagh’s observations about life, love and parenting are spot-on and laugh-out-loud funny.”
- Nanette Varian, features editor, More magazine “Nobody does family life funnier or sweeter today.From the first page to the last, Donna’s world is a delight guaranteed to brighten your day.”
- Ilene Beckerman, author of “Love, Loss and What I Wore” “Read this now! HumorOutcasts Founder Donna Cavanagh gets much-deserved top billing in this hilarious collection of columns illuminating the human condition. Her observations resonate with young and old alike, finding spot-on humor in the seemingly mundane. After reading this book, you will never open a fortune cookie in quite the same way.”
- Bruce Ferber, Television writer/producer and author of the novel “Elevating Overman”“Speed bumps and all, the ride is one hundred percent funnier when Donna Cavanagh is on board. Intelligent, insightful and irresistible, her humor will keep you laughing and page turning until the very end.”
- Nancy Berk, Ph.D., Psychologist, award-winning humorist, comic and author of “College Bound and Gagged: How To Help Your Kid Get Into A Great College without Losing Your Savings, Your Relationship, or Your Mind”
Sexcapades & Champagne by Lexa James
A real life sexual journey
Lexa James discovered her sexual desires and the power of her sex appeal and layered it with confidence that makes her a vixen and desirable to many. Through sexual thrills, she gained empowerment. Through experience she triumphed. And through both failure, and success, she conquered. Lexa James brings to you the real accounts on what it means to be a sexually fueled and empowered woman while staying true to who she is.
At a young age, her fascination and passion for sex grew as those around her made it “taboo”. While her quest for knowledge could be fulfilled with various forms of literature and fantasies, Lexa James always craved more. She started journaling at a very young age not only to escape reality but also to capture memories on paper that later would be turned into stories read by others. As a young woman with a college degree, she never had dreams of becoming a writer but always knew she would be something bigger than what her hometown in Oregon could offer. At the age of 22, she packed up all of her belongings and drove to Los Angeles for love and adventure. Now at the age of 30, she has found herself submerged in a big city filled with sex,
Available now in Paperback and Kindle on Amazon!
You can buy a shirt here with the book cover on it now!