So, it seems that my good friend and talented writer and author, Thomas Drinkard nominated HumorOutcasts.com for One Lovely Blog Award.
The rules for this nomination require that I thank the person who nominated our blog who is Thomas Drinkard and divulge seven secrets about myself. Believe it or not, I am an amazingly private person, despite my humor musings that might make you think otherwise, so this is the best I can do.
1. I once majored in Biology in college, and if it weren’t for a bad round of Organic Chemistry with a “just released from a mental hospital” professor, I might be a doctor today. Okay, it wasn’t his fault. While he was really unbalanced and tended to duck under the desks when he heard phantom loud noises which he mistook for explosions, he was correct in his assessment that I just sucked at Organic Chemistry.
2. I got into humor by accident. To this day, my high school friends, who still view me as an aging Shirley Temple, refuse to concede I can be funny.
3. I give all my dogs first and middle names because I think they feel better with more formal names. My husband just goes along with it.
4. The only reason why I passed my road test in New Jersey when I was a teenager was because the parallel parking part of the course was flooded. The driving test guy just checked that I did it. I did eventually learn parallel parking but I still sweat when I have to do it.
5. I threw up from day one of my pregnancy with my daughter into the delivery room. While this might sound gross, it has allowed me to guilt her into many things she has not wanted to do. I am also aware that this guilt will come back and bite me in the derriere one day and inspire her to throw me into a nursing home.
6. In my all-girl, catholic prep school, one nun did not like the “religion class” I was thrown into because of a scheduling conflict. She thought it was too tough a crowd for me, so she pulled me from the class and had me take, as my friends still call it, “Advanced Christianity”, which was a private study course. Yeah, it didn’t really take.
7. I waitressed during college which is why I never yell at a server out of fear they will spit in my food and why I always leave a 20 percent tip.
And some nominations of my own:
I’m throwing this back at Thomas Drinkard’s blog because he truly has a LOVELY blog: http://brinson1.wordpress.com/
One of my favorite writers and people, LB Woodgate: http://woodgatesview.com/about/
How about a shout out to Dr. Nancy Berk: http://drnancyberk.com/
Tor Constantino’s The Daily Retort because Tor is a truly good person and an amazing writer: http://thedailyretort.com/
My favorite, ultra-left person in the world: Kara Vallow and her blog which I steal from for HumorOutcasts and she is so gracious to let me: http://teensleuth.com/blog/
AND Last but never Least: Suzy Soro’s Where Hot Comes to Die becaue I just laugh and laugh: http://wherehotcomestodie.blogspot.com/
I know I missed people and if I did, I am so sorry. So, if I missed you, drop me a note!