Yes, in my never-ending quest to promote HumorOutcasts.com writers, authors and performers’ work, I am here to announce that Try and Avoid the Speed Bumps will be free to download Sunday, July 15th through Tuesday, July 17th. But in my effort to disguise this blatant bit of self-advertisement, which goes against 16 years of catholic school training, I have decided to instead convince you why, if you do anything on Sunday, this is the thing to do. So here we go:
The Five Reasons Why You Should Download for Free Try and Avoid the Speed Bumps:
1. It will lighten your day. We all need a little chuckle and why not have one at the expense of my family and friends.
2. Some of the posts will make my daughter roll her eyes in embarrassment. For years I have said to her, “I hope you have a kid just like the one I had.” And I know that karma never works that quickly, so why not embarrass her a bit in print instead. This revenge has a far broader reach and doesn’t require me to wait until I am 60 to see how her kids turn out. ( Truth be told, she is a good egg and laughs at the posts about her as much as the rest of us do – sort of.)
3. Maybe if you download this book for free, somewhere down the road it will lead to royalties that will make it possible for me NOT to have to freelance anymore, and don’t I deserve that? I really do…
4. My dogs will further develop an internet presence and they do like their little bit of notoriety. It gives them street cred.
5. It might improve your marriage or relationships with your significant other because after you finish the book, you will look at that special person and say, “Thank God, I am not married to Donna Cavanagh. That guy deserves a medal. ”