What a first week it has been at HumorOutcasts.com. We are off to a fantastic start. We can’t wait to see what the future might hold, but first we’d like to recap some of the first week highlights.
- The first article My New Life as a Lawn Mower Racing Champion was posted on April 6th but that was before we were publicizing the site to anyone. However, that doesn’t keep Google out, and soon this post received a comment from “Bruce Kaufman, Founder & President,
U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association”. Also, another post, The Umpire’s Wife has Been Ejected, has been picked up by another magazine after its editor saw it posted. It is good to see articles being found by Google.
- On Monday April 11th we enabled Google Analytics on this site. Since then Google has logged visitors from 8 countries. Naturally, the US is the largest source of traffic, and within the US HumorOutcasts.com has received visitors from 31 of the 50 states.
- Social Networking has been responsible for bringing several visitors. Facebook has brought more than 45 visitors, Twitter 16 and Stumbleupon 14. So, be sure to use these, handy “share on” buttons which are automatically put on all posts.
- In addition, search engines have brought visitors, over 20 from the combination of Google and Yahoo. Ok, and Bing has brought one (somebody actually uses Bing?).
- The other very interesting thing is that these visitors are averaging reading 6 pages per visit. This is a fantastic number for a new site which speaks to the quality of what we are posting
So much for visitors, let’s talk about the people that will keep visitors coming and reading, the “Authors”.
- The site is now up to 17 registered “Authors” / writers. In less than a week, more than 42 articles have been posted.
- These articles have generated more than 70 comments.
- So far the quality of material has been excellent and that is the key that the group of authors that formed the site want to make the hallmark of HumorOutcasts.com. We want this sit to be a place where creativity thrives and originality is found in every post.
Thanks to the visitors and authors that made the stats from this site exceed all of our expectations. Let’s keep it up, and the site will keep growing. Keep promoting authors’ content that you like on social networks and word of mouth and all authors will gain recognition. Quality + Creativity + Originality = Success