It’s Thanksgiving week. Here is where we post the things we are thankful for. Just in that sentence, I’m thankful, that as an adult, I can end that sentence with a preposition and no one can stop me.
Like many, I have much to be thankful for, but let’s look at the really small things:
10. I’m thankful for my hand doctor who said keep typing, your arthritis won’t get worse or better from it. Thank you?
9. I’m thankful for my new Poise pads that move seemlessly with my body, even though my body seems to move more problematically every day.
8. I’m thankful for my cleaning lady. Pretty much says it all.
7. I’m thankful for Netflix, Amazon Prime and even Network TV. Stop judging.
6. I’m thankful for socks.
5. I’m thankful for Pumpkin Spice smells. I know it’s overdone, but I still love it, just maybe not in my socks.
4. I’m thankful for my bathroom scale. Okay, it’s a love-hate relationship but it keeps me honest, especially this time of year.
3. I’m thankful for coffee. I’ve cut back but my friend advised me yesterday that it’s the one thing that has all upside and no downside. I shall now return to my devotion to cafe au lait.
2. I’m thankful for just being where I am. It’s pretty great here.
1. I’m most thankful for you, my readers, who so kindly stop in on occasion to share a minute together. If you are or ever have been a caregiver, a special thanks to you for your love and sacrifice to your loved one. If you ever just did one kind thing in your life…and I know you have, each and every one of you….thanks for that, you may never know how you changed someone’s day or life.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
For more of my humor go here
Cathy is the author of Showering with Nana: Confessions of a Serial Caregiver and
©2017 Cathy Sikorski