Skip to content
20 Jan, 2020
Learning with The Legendary Legend: Episode 234, 407, 816, 245, 738, 567, 911, 025, 180, 781, 798, 305, 409: Soy Sauce = I am sauce…
- Cats can run faster than any human. (Don’t believe it? Try catching your cat sometimes.)
- 45 degrees is the optimal race-day temperature (based on scientific testing).
- Your feet can produce up to a pint of sweat every day. (Who measured this?)
- Your foot has 26 bones, 33 joints, and 112 ligaments. (No wonder my feet ache)
- Close to 600 people have completed a marathon on all 7 continents. (Why?)
- The first NYC Marathon in 1970 cost $1 for each of the 127 racers. (Bet they didn’t get a banana!)
- It takes 200 muscles to take a step when you run.
- 78% of runners speed up or straighten up when a runner of the opposite sex heads towards them. (I guess the other 22% just had sex before the race?)
- Homo sapiens (that’s us), developed the ability to run long distances about 2.5 million years ago. (so, no excuses!)
- Running burns about 50% more calories than walking. (Now you know why you’re hungry).
- 57% of runners buy at least 2 pairs of running shoes per year. (The other 43% are cheaper and ask for them as birthday or Christmas presents!)
- Running outside burns 3 to 7% more calories than on a treadmill.