1. You find yourself singing “500 Miles” and crying.
2. You still have all of your old 8-track tapes. You can’t make yourself get rid of them, even though you now have all of those same albums on CD. You get mad when a neighbor suggests that you sell the tapes and your old 8-track player on Ebay.
3. Your favorite car radio songs are “Sittin’ On the Dock of the Bay” and “San Francisco.”
4. You are 60 years old and you are still wearing long hair, sandals and beads — or you have become such a corporate stuffed shirt that people are shocked when you tell them you were at Woodstock and show them some of your old pictures.
5. When you read about all of the “Occupy” movements that are happening now, you get a misty look in your eyes, sigh and say to yourself, “I feel like we’re back in the 60s.”
6. When your grandson wants a fancy pair of roller blades for his birthday, you try to make him feel guilty by saying, “In my day we had good old fashioned clamp roller skates and liked it!”
7. You are shocked when that same grandson doesn’t remember rotary dial telephones.(1)
8. You are either the same wild-eyed liberal you were when you were in college or you have become the conservative of conservatives — nothing in between.
(1)This makes you feel so old that you lock yourself in a spare bedroom with a box of Ritz Crackers and a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream and don’t come out for a week.