(sesame and honey sticks)
1 3/4 cups sesame seeds
1 1/4 cups honey
4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
makes about 40 sticks
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Evenly spread sesame seeds on cookie sheet. Toast seeds in oven at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Remove seeds and let cool.
Add honey and butter to pan. Simmer on low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles all over, darkens, and thickens slightly. Stir constantly. Add the toasted sesame seeds to the honey/butter mixture. Stir with spoon until sesame seeds are evenly distributed.
Pour honey/butter/sesame mixture into bowl. Stir again with spoon. Put this bowl in sink filled with enough water to reach half-way up bowl. Let cool until mixture has mostly hardened. Scoop the gooey mass onto the cookie sheet. Spread it out until it is uniformly 1/4″ thick.. Cut mixture into finger-sized sticks. Let cool completely and give finger to everyone. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
1) Toasting sesame seeds is much easier on a cookie sheet than on a grill.
2) Toasting sesame seeds is quite difficult in outer space where they are weightless.
3) Toasting an elephant in outer space is as difficult as toasting sesame seeds, if not more so.
4) You’d have to find an oven big enough to hold an elephant. Then you’d have to find a cookie sheet large enough for your hapless pachyderm.
5) As of now, NASA has no such ovens and cookie sheets
6) It’s doubtful they’ll be getting them soon. They’re not even in their current budget.
7) MENI MENIYONG CROSSWORD PUZZLE
(Nearly all answers are found in this recipe)
2) An anagram for votes
7) Use this contact the Great Beyond
10) Always use the freshest…
11) Open …
13) Give speech while raising glass
14) “… down”
15) Not a dog, but a …”
1) A pet name for your sweetheart
3) Healthier than margarine
4) Belongs to the great cook, Julia
5) Always cook until food is… (2 words)
6) The … Monster
8) This cuisine
9) Stressed spelled backwards
12) White as a …
– Chef Paul
My cookbook, Eat Me: 169 Fun Recipes From All Over the World, and novels are available in paperpack or Kindle on amazon.com
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com
One thought on “Sesame and Honey Sticks and a Crossword Puzzle”
Okay, HO writers are way too intelligent this week! So much interaction!
Comments are closed.