(I’ll bet you all thought I was never going to write one of these lists again! Well, I have to come back to this from time to time. It’s a habit.)
1. It is alright to criticize the President of the United States in public.
2. If you criticize the President of the United States in public, even to his face, you don’t have to apologize, because you didn’t do anything that you don’t have a right to do. This is true for all of us, including the cast of Hamilton. It is also true for journalists, humor writers and anybody else who wants to get in on the act.
3. Poking fun of the President of the United States is an old American tradition. We have been doing it for over 200 years, and we are not going to stop now, especially when we have a President who gives us so much rich material to choose from.
4. Has anyone ever told Donald Trump that he looks like an Orange Julius in a suit?
5. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. This means that a narcissistic misogynist who parades his ego in public was beaten by a woman, even though he ended up in the Oval Office, anyway.