- Oh, I can’t go to that, I’ve got a long run tomorrow!
It could be true, on the other hand, it might mean you don’t want to go to: the ballet, your mother in laws birthday party, your neighbor’s daughter’s recital (pick one).
- “On your left.” Meant to alert the person ahead of you that you are about to pass.
Unfortunately, many people don’t get it. I can’t tell you how many times the walker in front of me, the mother with a baby stroller or the dog walker have actually moved left right in front of me!
- Oh, I have to poop!
Usually happens when you are at the furthest distance from a port-a-potty.
- My toenail fell off.
Unless you’re a runner you won’t get this. All that pounding causes the toenail (usually on the big toe) to loosen up, turn black and eventually fall off (ugh).
- I’m just going out for an easy 3 or 4 miles.
I know, how can a 3 or 4 mile run be easy!
- I’ve got to pass that 7 year old kid!
This happens when your neighbor’s young son enters a local 5K and passes you. Unfortunately, you’ve already lost. He’ll keep getting faster and you’ll keep getting slower.
- I’m going to pass that person next to me.
Usually not said out loud.