Spring is sprung,
The grass is riz,
I wonder where,
All the flowers iz?
Ok, so I’m not a poet, that’s obvious. But, spring is here and now it’s time. For all of you wanna be runners who swore a New Years Resolution that you would start a running program, the time has come. No more excuses, no more “it’s too cold”, no more “there’s too much snow”, no more “it’s too dark”. Get out the t-shirts, the running shorts and the windbreaker, spring is here!
It’s warm enough, snows going or gone, there’s plenty of daylight, your favorite running track is clear, so let’s get it done! Excuses are all gone now. The birds are singing, the frogs are croaking, the trees are budding, it’s a new year, so now’s the time to join the crowd and be true to your New Years Resolution.
Here’s the program:
- Wake up (No, no, no, don’t you dare hit that snooze button!)
- Start the coffee
- Feed the cat (or the goldfish or the birds, whatever)
- Get dressed (Here’s an idea; set your running clothes out the night before)
- Drink your coffee while checking the weather (need a jacket?)
- Open the door (don’t forget your key)
- YOU DID IT