Are you a supermarket dick? Do you make other shoppers’ time in the store miserable? Take this test and find out.
1) Block the aisle with your cart? (2 points)
2) Still leave your cart in the way, even when you see someone coming toward you? (1 point)
3) Keep the doors to the refrigerated section open so long that they frost over? (1 point)
4) Wait until the cashier has given you your total to start filling in your check? Presumably you knew the name of the store, the date, and even your name when you got in line. (2 points)
5) Write a check? It’s no longer the 20th century. (1 point. 0 points if you can’t get a credit card.)
6) Walk down the middle of the aisle with your cart? This is a mobile version of 1). (1 point)
7) Spend five minutes individually examining every green bean before making your selection? (1 point)
8) Steal a grape and then ask the store to pay for your tooth repair when you didn’t read the stupid sign that said SEEDED. (1 point)
9) Wait until you are in the middle of checking out before asking the cashier product questions? (1 point)
10) Unload thirty or more items at the “15 items or fewer line?” (2 points)
11)Talk loudly in your cell phone all the time? (1 point)
12) Yell at the low-paid store employees? (3 points)
13) Ram someone’s heel with your shopping car? (1 point)
14) Say, “You should have moved faster.” when the person yelps in pain? (1 point)
15) Pile your stuff on the belt before the person in front of you has finished unloading hers? (1 point)
16) Walk off with someone else’s cart? (1 point)
17) Bring out a fistful of paper coupons and argue over an expired one for 25 cents? (2 points)
18) Bring your whole family with you, so multiple people can block the aisle? (1 point)
19) Have kids shrieking all the time and do nothing to stop them? (2 points)
20) Let your kids play tag around the checkout lanes as they squeeze themselves between other people’s carts? (1 point)
21) Leave the line when the cashier is almost done checking you out because you forgot something? (1 point)
22) Interrupt someone’s transaction with the checker to ask about the whereabouts of the Spanish organic wine…and when told, replying, “yes but it’s red wine, I want white wine?” (1 point)
23) Eat out of the bulk bins? (1 point)
What does your total score mean?
0 points: You are in no way a supermarket dick. Congratulations.
1-4 points: It’s still okay for you go into a store unsupervised. See a doctor about your dickish traits while they’re still treatable.
5-8 points: Cause for alarm. You may still enter a supermarket unattended. You will, however, be under constant surveillance.
9-12 points: You’re awful. You must post a bond before you enter any supermarket. The bond will be forfeited to your surrounding shoppers, should you ever run up a score of nine or more points.
13-16: You’re nearly erect. You must post a double bond before going into any supermarket. You must also be accompanied by a guard who will taze if you accumulate a score of thirteen or more points.
17-31: You dick! You will not be allowed inside any store. You will be fitted with an ankle device that will incinerate you if you enter any supermarket.
Check out my latest novel, the hilarious apocalyptic thriller, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms? It’s published by HumorOutcasts and is available in paperback or Kindle on amazon.com
9 thoughts on “Are You a Supermarket Dick?”
This quiz should be mandatory for everyone entering the grocery store so the supermarket police can weed out the dicks! Stores free of dicks could then market themselves as “dickless.”
“It’s true: This store has no dicks.”
Yeah, it’s ironic but the sporting goods store Dick’s usually has very few dicks in it.
What a wonderful dream you have, Roxanne.
I think there should be supermarket police. 1000 hours of community service for any of these infractions and jail time if they go out in the parking lot and block traffic because they don’t know how to back out of their parking space.
Not much I can do about that, Donna. It’s outside the purview of this quiz. May I suggest carrying around a sonic obliterator? As of press time, there are no federal or state restrictions on this crowd-pleasing weapon.
Your “dick” should probably hang out with John Chamberlain’s “jagoff.”
Spelling correction: Chamberlin’s
Thank you, Bill, for the comparison. He’s a great writer.
Comments are closed.